While advisors are available for guidance, students are ultimately responsible for satisfying all degree requirements as spelled out in the online University catalog under which they entered. Below are some responsibilities expected for all Union University students.
- Consult with the advisor when necessary, and at a minimum, once a semester.
- Make appointments for advising sessions during regularly agreed upon office hours.
- Notify the advisor or someone in the advisor's office if it is impossible to keep appointments.
- Be prepared for appointments during priority registration and/or registration:
- have the necessary forms,
- review the online Schedule of Classes,
- have some idea of the kind of courses and, if possible, alternates.
- Clarify some personal values and goals in advance of the session and be prepared to discuss them with their advisor.
- If requested, follow through with appropriate action after an advising session
(e.g. Hundley Center, Registrar's Office, Vocatio Center, etc.)
- Know important dates for each semester: last day to change, drop, or add classes; graduation application deadline.