Associate Dean of Education and Professor of Special Education
- invited presenter, "Strategic Planning and Assessment," at the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities Faith-filled Leadership Department Chair Institute, Gordon College
- presenter, "Communicating a Christian Worldview to Students in the Academy," at the CCCU Campus-Based Faculty Development Workshop, Abilene, TX
- co-presenter at the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning (Philadelphia, PA; Las Vegas, NV; Palm Springs, CA; Cocoa Beach, Florida), the National Teaching Professor Conference (Washington D.C., Atlanta, GA; Nashville, TN; Philadelphia, PA), the Academic Chair's Conference (Orlando, FL), the Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (San Diego, CA), and the Lilly Conference (Miami University, Ohio)
- presenter at more than 25 state or local conferences and workshops
- co-author of Teaching Mathematics to all Children, 2002, with Benny Tucker and Terry Weaver
Read More Faculty Spotlights
Professor of English
The Agnes Lynch Starrett Poetry Prize from the University of Pittsburgh Press is considered one of the top 10 prizes in American poetry. Professor of English Bobby C. Rogers has been a finalist for this prestigious award a number of times, but learned in 2009 that he was named the winner for his work tentatively entitled "Paper Anniversary"
The award includes not only recognition, but also publication of Rogers' work. It is the culmination of several years of waiting for the best publication opportunity. Rogers began his quest for this result during a faculty research leave in 2005.
Rogers also has been highly successful in the classroom. His creative writing students have been accepted for graduate study in prestigious Master of Fine Arts programs such as New York University, Boston University, University of Virginia and Ohio State University.
Read More Faculty Newsmakers
Provost Report 2010