CLEP Payment Instructions
Effective January 1, 2014, all CLEP exam payments must be made by test-takers online through the new CLEP My Account portal. Other forms of payment (i.e. credit card, check, money order) for CLEP exams will no longer be acceptable at the CLEP test center. Test takers will still be responsible to pay the required university testing fee at the time of testing. The online CLEP exam payment process via My Account is currently a required process to test at any CLEP test center.
When a test-taker signs up to take a CLEP exam on CLEP's My Account website, they will be issued a registration ticket to confirm their CLEP exam purchase. The test taker will be required to provide this registration ticket at the testing center on the scheduled CLEP date. If a test-taker would like to take an exam that is different from the one indicated on the registration ticket, they must change the exam title on the CLEP website, in their My Account, before arriving at the testing center the day of the exam. The registration form presented at the time of testing must provide the correct exam title to be taken.
Below are instructions to pay for a CLEP exam. If you have any problems completing the process below please contact CLEP at 800-257-9558:
- Go to: http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam
- Under Step 2 "Log In to the My Account Registration Portal" click "REGISTER TODAY"
- Click "CREATE ACCOUNT"
- Once logged in you will be at the "MY ACCOUNT" page
- Scroll down to the last section "RECENT ORDER"
- Click "HERE" in the sentence reading "Click here to order a CLEP exam."
- Choose the exam you would like to take. For example, "AMERICAN LITERATURE" under Composition & Literature.
- Scroll down and click the box next to the exam title "AMERICAN LITERATURE EXAM" then click "ADD TO CART." Make certain you click the box next to the "AMERICAN LITERATURE EXAM" and not the box next to study guide purchase
- If you purchase is correct click "REGISTER AND CHECKOUT."
- Edit Address & Contact screen edit any incorrect information. Click "SAVE AND CONTINUE"
- At the next screen, Edit Personal Details, you will be asked to edit personal information. Unfortunately, in order to complete the registration process all information is required. Click "SAVE AND CONTINUE.
- At the next screen, Please select Preferred Testing Center, click "EDIT THIS INFORMATION"
- Enter UU's zip code "38305" or state "TN" and city "JACKSON"
- Scroll down and click "UU JACKSON." Click "SAVE AND CONTINUE."
- At the next screen, General Survey, unfortunately, in order to complete the registration process most information on this page is required. Click "SAVE AND CONTINUE"
- At the next screen, Confirmation of Exams, in order to complete the registration process all questions must be responded to. Click "SAVE AND CONTINUE"
- At the next screen, Send Score Information, choose what you would like have done with your score reports.
- If choosing "SEND TO COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY" Click "FIND COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY"
- Enter "UNION UNIVERSITY - JACKSON" Click "GO"
- At the next page, at the top of the page click "SEND MY EXAM SCORES HERE"
- At the next page, check the box "AUTHORIZE CLEP TO RELEASE MY SCORE TO THE INSTITUTION LISTED ABOVE" Click "SAVE AND CONTINUE"
- Carefully preview your order. At the bottom of the page click "PLACE YOUR ORDER"
- Enter credit card information.
Once the order has been submitted a Registration Ticket must be printed. This ticket must be presented to UU's Test Administrator at the time of testing. If the Registration Ticket is not presented
at the time of testing the test taker will be unable to take the scheduled CLEP exam. In this event, the test taker will be required to pay the $25.00 UU administration fee for the date the exam
was scheduled as a testing slot was reserved for the test taker. If an alternative testing date is scheduled, the test taker will be required to pay the $25.00 administration fee on the alterative
testing date as well.
For any issues, questions or complaints you may have in regard to this new process, please contact CLEP at 800-257-9558.