Newell Innovative Teaching Award
February 15, 2012 - The Newell Innovative Teaching Award is designed to encourage faculty to try new ideas in the classroom. Application Deadline: April 13, 2012
Faculty members are asked to submit proposals if their innovation meets the following criteria.
- Fonsie Guilaran, "Creativity and Introductory Physics" (winner)
- Roman Williams, "A Letter to Screwtape" (honorable mention)
- Geoffery Poore, "Python as a Tool for Squeezing More Learning into Mathematical Physics: Powerful, Versatile, and Free" (honorable mention)
- John Netland, "Ghost-Writing Dickens' Final Novel" (honorable mention)
- Ashley Blair, "Professionalism is the New Participation" (honorable mention)