Faith Community Nursing
Foundations for Faith Community Nursing Course
Offered by the Church Health Center in partnership with Union University in Germantown, Tennessee.
This course is designed for registered nurses currently working in Faith Community Nursing or interested in exploring Faith Community Nursing. The course prepares the nurse to practice this specialty of nursing according to the Scope and Standards of Faith Community Nursing as established by the American Nurses Association Credentialing Center. The course is based on the 2009 curriculum developed by the International Parish Nurse Resource Center.
- May 29-31, and June 12-14, 2014
Course Schedule | Printable Brochure with Registration Form | Online Registration
Topics of Course
Qualifications for Participating in Conference
- Commitment to spiritual care as part of wholistic care of the body, mind and spirit
- Demonstrated relationship with a faith community, and prefer leadership experience within a faith community
- Spiritual maturity with ability to be reflective of life and faith
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work within the congregation or community independently and as a team member
- Time and desire to commit to a Faith Community Nurse or health ministry program in a faith community
- Active license as a registered nurse within state where faith community is located
Registration & Course Information
- Pre-course material is sent via email two weeks before the start of class. The materials will include a worksheet for examining your spiritual journey, class schedule, and directions to the course location.
- Cost of Program - $185.00 and includes all materials, meals, and the Faith Community or Parish Nurse pin. Registrations after the deadline of Monday, May 12, 2014 will be $199.00.
- Lodging: Hampton Inn Memphis-Southwind, 3579 Hacks Cross Road, Memphis, TN, 38125, 901-754-8454. Reserve room online or call 1-800-Hampton (426-7866). Rooms are also available at the Stephen Olford Center for May 29, 30, 31. Contact Roberta Hoppe at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Dietary needs: Arrangements can be made by filling in the line on the registration form.
- Continuing Educational Education: The VAMC Memphis is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA). 34 contact hours will be awarded for full participation at the completion of the course.
- Maureen Daniels, MN, RN, FCN
- Donna Sachse, PhD, RN
- Alma Abuelouf, BSN, RN, FCN
- Susan Jacob, PhD, RN
- Katora Campbell, PhD, RN, FCN
- Georgia Oliver, RN, MS
- Rev. Stacy Smith, M.Div.
Please contact Maureen Daniels directly at email@example.com.