Associate Professor of Biology
Certified Wildlife Biologist
322A White Hall, Box 3148
Jackson, Tennessee 38305
- B.S.; University of Tennessee
- M.S.; University of Kentucky
- Ph.D.; Kansas State University
- Biology with Zoology Concentration
- Conservation Biology
Courses Commonly Taught
- BIO 303: Natural Resource Policy
- BIO 305: Conservation Techniques
- BIO 335: Conservation Biology
- BIO 357: Ornithology
- BIO 425: Introduction to Research
- BIO 426: Research Experience
- BIO 427: Research Presentation
- Wildlife management
- Conservation ecology
Recent undergraduate research projects supervised
- Clark, Patrick. Avian and vegetation community differences between an established bottomland forest and a conservation easement.
- Maylott, Taylor. Effectiveness of thermal imaging in wild turkey surveys.
- Johnson, William. Examining wildlife populations in urban vs. rural areas in West Tennessee.
- Parker, Buckley. Evaluating CP33 habitat buffers for grassland birds.
- Tie, Joy. Comparing habitat use of wild turkeys between spring and winter seasons using GIS.