Associate Professor of Biology
135 White Hall, Box 1848
Jackson, Tennessee 38305
- B. A.; Union University, Jackson, Tennessee
- M. S.; University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- Additional Study in Radiation Biology; University of Tennessee, Memphis
Courses Commonly Taught
- Testing the effects of herbs and spices on bacterial growth.
Recent undergraduate research projects supervised
- "The antimicrobial effect of allcin extracts of garlic (Allium salivum) on Staphylococcus epidermidis" (Robert Cusanelli).
- "Examination of the incidence of Salmonella on organic and commercially produced eggs" (Kelly Meyer).
- "The effects of a strong electromagnetic field on the growth of E. coli." (Daniel Holsinger).
- "Negative antimicrobial effects of cilantro extract on Sarcina lutea and E. coli" (Benjamin Pham).
- "Inhibition of the growth of Sarcina lutea by extracts of spearmint, Mentha spicata" (Heather Higdon).