Union Family Weekend 2013
Alumni Schedule of Events
Subject to Change
Friday, September 27
- 6–8 p.m. Make-a-Wish Cookout (Advance tickets required)
Bowld Commons & Grace Quad.
We will kick off the weekend with an outdoor cookout, music, and fun! Join us for a great evening, and support the Make-A-Wish Foundation as well. The ladies of Chi Omega and the Aramark staff sponsor this event.
- 8–10 p.m. Movie on the Lawn
Bring chairs and blankets and join us for one of our favorite events - Movie on the Lawn. Always a popular experience among our students, this event involves a giant movie screen, a new release, and theater snacks. Sponsored by Undergraduate Admissions and the Student Activities Council.
Saturday, September 28
- 9 – 10:30 a.m. President's Brunch Registration
- 10 a.m. President's Brunch (Advance tickets required)
Grant Center, Casual Dress
Join us for brunch and the State of the Union address from President Dockery.
- Noon Women's Alumni Soccer Game
Smith Memorial Soccer Complex
Come and show your support as the Women Alumni Soccer Game kicks off at Noon!
- 1 p.m. Family Olympics
After the President's Brunch, join us for Family Olympics in the Grace Quad! Union University families will take part in a friendly competition known as the Family Weekend Olympics, with a trophy awarded to the winners!
- 3 p.m. Corn Hole Tournament
Find a partner and meet at the Grace Quad at 3pm for a Corn hole Tournament. No registration required, just show up if you want to participate.
- 6–8 p.m. Union Night
Campus organizations highlight their activities to live music and fireworks. The ladies of Zeta Tau Alpha are sponsoring an all-you-can-eat Shrimp Boil during Union Night on the Great Lawn. Food will be served from 6-8pm. Proceeds from the dinner will support ZTA's philanthropic efforts with breast cancer awareness and education. Students will not be able to use their meal plan for this event.
- 8 p.m. Fireworks Over Miller Tower
As the music fades and the sun sets over the Union campus, the sky will be illuminated with fireworks as we celebrate another year of all that God is continuing to bless our family with at Union University.
Union Family Weekend
Phone List for Union Parents
- General Information 731.661.5000
- Campus Ministries 731.661.5062
- Campus Operator 731.668.1818
- Student Accounts 731.661.5015
- Student Services 731.661.5090
- Residence Life 731.661.5433
- Transcripts 731.661.5040
- Safety & Security 731.661.5018
- Guard House 731.661.5036
- Use 1-800-33UNION only for Questions about:
- Enrollment Services ext. 5210
- Financial Aid ext. 5015