Christian Perspectives on Death & Dying
September 10 - October 8, 2012
These sessions will meet five times on Monday evenings: Sept. 10, 17, 24, Oct. 1, 8; Providence Hall Room 160, 6-10 p.m.
- September 10
- Scott Huelin, PhD, Director of Honors Program
"The Ars Moriendi in Literature"
- Film Showing and Discussion:
Wit with Emma Thompson
- September 17
- Justin D. Barnard, PhD, Associate Dean, Institute for Intellectual Discipleship; Associate Professor of Philosophy
"Theology/Philosophy and Death"
- C. Ben Mitchell, PhD, Graves Professor of Moral Philosophy
"Ethics in Death and Dying"
- September 24
- October 1
- Clyde E. Smith, MD, Hospice and Palliative Care
"Medical Issues in Death and Dying"
- Robert Arrington, Arrington Funeral Home
"Funerals, Cremation, Burial"
- October 8