Union University

Student Financial Planning

Student Financial Planning

Student Financial Planning > Adult Studies Students > How To Apply

How To Apply For Adult Studies Financial Assistance

  1. Complete and return the Adult Studies Application for Financial Assistance
    1. Students must be officially accepted in their Program of Study before any aid can be processed.

  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  3. To apply for Federal and State Grants, TEACH grants, Federal Stafford and/or Parent PLUS loans:

    1. Go to www.pin.ed.gov to obtain your PIN with the US Dept. of Education. The PIN serves as your signature for the FAFSA.
    2. Go to www.fafsa.gov to complete the FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA using your PIN.
    3. Enter Union's Title IV School Code, 003528, in order for Union to receive your electronic student aid report.

    Tennessee residents are encouraged to file the FAFSA by February 1 each year to be eligible to receive the maximum Tennessee aid and/or HOPE Scholarship you may qualify for. If tax returns are not completed by February 1, you may use estimated tax figures. The FAFSA can be updated when your tax return is complete.

  4. Receive your Award Letter
    1. Keep this letter .
    2. If you choose to reduce or decline an award, please indicate and return a copy to the Office of Student Financial Planning.
    3. If you will be receiving aid from outside sources, you must complete the Documentation of Outside Assistance

  5. Consider applying for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan (Student Loan).
  6. PRIORITY DEADLINE is July 15 for Fall, November 15 for Spring and April 15 for Summer.

    1. First-time Stafford Loan Borrower at Union
      Sign on to www.studentloans.gov using your PIN number obtained from the US Dept. of Education
      • Complete "Entrance Counseling"
        Select Counseling Type: Undergraduate
      • Complete "Master Promissory Note"
        Select Loan Type: Subsidized/Unsubsidized
    2. Returning Stafford Loan Borrower at Union
      • Complete the FAFSA

    3. If you need to make adjustments to a loan that has already been awarded, please complete and return the Loan Adjustment Request Form to Student Financial Planning.
  7. Consider applying for an Alternative Loan.
    1. Review the Alternative Loan list to apply for a school certified loan directly with the lender. Loan amounts are determined based on Cost of Attendance (COA) minus any financial aid the student may receive during the loan period. Loan disbursements are made to Union University and will be divided equally among all terms certified.
    2. Non-school certified loans (Paid directly to the student) are available with most lenders. For loan options, you may contact your lender of choice to apply or go to www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml for more information.

  8. How to Sign up for Direct Deposit on Web Advisor
    1. Sign up for Direct Deposit at least 10 Business Days prior to your first disbursement.
    2. Log on to https://webadvisor.uu.edu
      1. Select "Financial Information" and then "Direct Deposit Banking Information"
    3. Contact Tina Giddens in the Business Office at tgiddens@uu.edu if you have any questions concerning Direct Deposit.

  9. Receiving your Loan Disbursement
    1. You will be sent an email via your Union email when the loan funds are credited to your student account from the Student Financial Planning Office.
    2. The email will give you an anticipated credit refund date. You will receive a credit refund only IF you have a credit balance.
    3. The Business Office will also send you an email when they have deposited funds into your banking account.

Excellence-Driven Christ-Centered People-Focused Future-Directed

Apply to Union Campus Visits Give to Union
Union University