Union University

Student Financial Planning

Student Financial Planning

Student Financial Planning > Veteran Services

Veteran Services Information

  1. How do I determine if I am eligible for VA education benefits?

    1. The www.benefits.va.gov/gibill website is the best source of VA information for eligibility, types of benefit programs, payment rates and much more beyond education.
    2. You may call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GI-BILL1).

  2. How do I use my VA benefits at Union?

    1. Apply online for VA education benefits.
    2. Print and complete the Union University Veteran Information Sheet.
    3. Get accepted into a degree-seeking program of study.
    4. Get registered for classes.
    5. Send a copy of the DD-214 to Union.
    6. Send a copy of your VA "Certificate of Eligibility" to Union.

  3. What will I need to apply for VA benefits?

  1. Can I receive the Yellow Ribbon benefit at Union if I am eligible for 100% of the Post 9/11 Era GI Bill (Ch.33)?
  2. Union participates on a first-come, first-served basis for up to 40 undergraduate and 15 graduate students in the Yellow Ribbon program. Union University's Policies and Procedures

  3. What if I transfer to Union?

    1. Complete one of the forms linked below according to the type of benefits you receive.
    2. VA Form 22-1995, Request For Change of Program or Place of Training
    3. VA Form 22-5495, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance

  4. Monthly Verifications
  5. IMPORTANT - All students who are receiving either the Montgomery GI BILL Active duty or Selected Reserve MUST verify their enrollment monthly to receive payments. This verification can be done either by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) application or by using an automated telephone system (IVR) at 1-877-823-2378 and follow the prompts.

  6. Who is the Veterans' Certifying Official at Union?
  7. Kathie Clanton
    Financial Aid Specialist and Veterans Certifying Official
    Student Financial Planning/Veteran Services
    1050 Union University Drive
    Jackson, TN 38305-3697
    FAX: 731-661-5570

Excellence-Driven Christ-Centered People-Focused Future-Directed

Apply to Union Campus Visits Give to Union