Union University seeks a qualified individual for the position of Assistant Softball coach to assist the head Softball Coach in coaching and recruiting student-athletes for the softball team.
Union University is a private, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The campus is located in Jackson, Tenn. (80 miles northeast of Memphis) with additional campuses in Germantown and Hendersonville, Tenn. Union University currently enrolls more than 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 40 states and 30 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and has been recognized as a top tier institution each year since 1997 by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognized Union at a national level for undergraduate teaching excellence. Union was also recently recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For,” one of only 30 four-year institutions to receive this honor roll designation.
This position will help prepare the softball field for all games and practices. Duties include:
· Recruit team members by understanding the productivity of a balanced team, knowing how to recognize athletic ability, and attracting good players to this university.
· Attend all games and practices scheduled.
· Instruct all team members about rules, strategies, and techniques of softball and prepare them for competition.
· Contribute to a positive work climate and the team effort within the school, as well as demonstrate a positive sportsmanship in everyday situations.
· Apply Christian standards and attitudes in relationships among cohorts, faculty, staff and students.
· Adjust coaching techniques, based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
· Support the head coach in ensuring that all matters related to the team’s student-athletes adhere to NCAA rules and regulations as defined in the NCAA Division II Manual.
· Make sure that all student-athletes understand NCAA and GSC rules and compliance standards.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in related field is required. Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated coaching and recruitment experience.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University’s Identity, Mission and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
Interested individuals may access an application below. Send the completed application, resume, and a letter expressing interest to: Human Resources, Union University, 1050 Union University Drive, Jackson, TN 38305, or by fax to 731-661-5177, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.