Head Athletic Trainer
Union University seeks a qualified individual for the position of Head Athletic Trainer.
Union University is a private, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The campus is located in Jackson, Tenn. (80 miles northeast of Memphis) with additional campuses in Germantown and Hendersonville, Tenn. Union University currently enrolls more than 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 40 states and 30 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and has been recognized as a top tier institution each year since 1997 by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognized Union at a national level for undergraduate teaching excellence. Union was also recently recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For,” one of only 30 four-year institutions to receive this honor roll designation.
This position is responsible for providing excellent athletic training services to all student-athletes involved in Union University athletics. Duties include:
- Provide athletic training services for practices and events both home and away for assigned sports.
- Maintain and regulate the use of Union University’s Athletic Training Room facilities.
- Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships with team physicians and other supplemental sports medicine team members.
- Serve as an approved clinical instructor and is responsible for supervising Athletic Training Students as assigned by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Oversee the provision of health services to Union University’s student-athletes.
- Maintain confidentiality of athlete injury information.
- Coordinate, prepare and administer pre-season physicals for all athletes.
- Plan for and monitor the budgeted athletic training room supplies.
- Maintain the documentation and security of all medical records. Maintain injury data information in proper order and report in pre-assigned time frame.
- React calmly and effectively in responding to emergency situations.
- Ensure appropriate NCAA rules and regulations to the Athletic Trainer role as defined in the NCAA Division II Manual.
- Perform other duties as required by the department.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in pre-professional and profession study in a specialized curriculum of Athletic Training accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or related field is required. Current NATABOC certification and eligibility for Tennessee licensure are also required. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University’s Identity, Mission and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
Interested individuals may access an application below. Send the completed application, resume, and a letter expressing interest to: Human Resources, Union University, 1050 Union University Drive, Jackson, TN 38305, or by fax to 731-661-5177, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Staff Position