is an e-newsletter that shares important information and progress in Information Technology at Union University.
This special edition of TechBrief focuses on changes to the University's student email services. These changes will occur during the week of March 18.
During the week of March 18, students may see a different login screen when accessing their Union University @my.uu.edu email account. Also, former students who have had Union email accounts after leaving Union will no longer have those accounts. Students and former students are being informed about these changes. These changes do not impact employee email accounts; however, we want you to be informed through the message below.
This message will explain what will happen, why it's required, what the sign-in pages look like, other changes they may notice, how to view status updates and how to get help.
- Every @my.uu.edu email account is being converted from Microsoft's Live@Edu services to Microsoft's Office365 services. Microsoft is requiring that all Live@Edu schools make this change.
What stays the same after the conversion:
- Each student's @my.uu.edu email address is not changing; it stays the same. The student's Union username for all other systems also stays the same.
- Students will still have access to all existing email messages before, during and after the conversion process.
- The Office365 email site appears and functions very much like the Live@Edu email site.
- After the student is no longer enrolled in classes at Union, the Union email account will no longer exist. Students have been informed to move email to a different location soon after enrollment ends.
- We're updating the email links in portal.uu.edu and www.uu.edu/it/ to use a new www.outlook.com/my.uu.edu sign-in page address
- If your department has a link to the student email sign-in page, please have that updated to the new address.
- When accessing their email, students may notice a change in the look of the sign-in page. They may see a temporary sign-in page. After March 21, they will see a new permanent sign-in page. See the look of all sign-in pages now at www.uu.edu/it/training/sign-in.cfm
- In the future, we'll use the permanent sign-in page with most other Union systems.
- Students will no longer have Microsoft Office WebApps (Word, Excel, etc.) or Photos as a part of the email account. Existing students may have these services through SkyDrive.
- If a student is using the SkyDrive storage space associated with a @my.uu.edu account, it will no longer be directly accessible from the email page.
- Before, during and after the conversion, files and storage can be accessed at www.skydrive.com using the same email address
- Other changes related to the SkyDrive account passwords and storage space have been explained to students.
How to view status updates during the week of March 18:
- We will post the conversion status before, during and after the conversion.
- portal.uu.edu will have updates posted in the UU Announcements section of the homepage
- www.uu.edu/it/ will have updates posted near the top of the homepage
If a student has email problems after the March 21 conversion:
- Contact Union University Information Technology by calling 731-661-HELP (4357) or by signing into ithelp.uu.edu
- Be sure to leave a phone number and/or non-Union email address as the contact address
View past issues of the TechBrief e-newsletter