Welcome to TechBrief
, an e-newsletter to keep you informed of the latest happenings in Information Technology at Union University.
In this special issue for new students, you'll learn about
- the one place for answers to the most common technical questions
- the one place for help when you have a technical problem
- the one place for your class assignments, UU email, grades, billing info, etc.
- the one place authorized by Union to sell software at great discounts.
We're excited you've chosen Union and we want you to be effective using technology while you're here! These are four sites you'll want to add to your bookmarks/favorites list on your tablet, laptop or desktop. Keep reading to learn about www.uu.edu/it, ithelp.uu.edu, portal.uu.edu and uu.OnTheHub.com
IT site centralizes information about University technology
Find answers to common questions
Information Technology's website www.uu.edu/it provides information about all of the technology resources provided by IT. You'll see a Quick Links section at the top/right of most pages in the site. Use those links to change your password, to get recommendations for purchasing a new computer, to get help or to learn more about UU IT. The Student Resources/ New Students Info link answers questions like:
- How do I connect my phone/tablet to my official Union email?
- Can I print in the labs? What if the file is on my laptop?
- What do I need to know about acceptable use of technology at Union?
This site is a great resource when you have questions in the future about the portal, Moodlerooms, WebAdvisor, PC labs and hours, wireless service and more.
Need IT help? Use QuickIT!
Helpdesk system streamlines support requests
You can request help you need, right from your computer or mobile device.
Whether reporting an incident or requesting a service, QuickIT provides you a one-stop place for all your IT support needs. Plus, you can check the status of your open QuickITs, view your previous QuickITs, or check on any global service issues and outages.
No matter what campus location, QuickIT makes doing business with IT simple and quick. "Wait! What if my computer has crashed?" Don't worry, you can always call us at 731.661.HELP (4357) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org from your phone or tablet. The links and phone number will be listed in the Quick Links section at the top/right of www.uu.edu/it.
Learn more about QuickIT and the information we'll need when you contact us. Once you're familiar with how to log in and what information to report, you can access the site directly at ithelp.uu.edu
Portal centralizes new, existing services
Using your laptop, tablet or desktop, log into portal.uu.edu for secure, private access to
- your classes and assignments
- your grades, financial aid, bills, registration
- your calendar, @my.uu.edu e-mail
- Union announcements, events, news
- ennouncements (announcments from departments) - view by campus, category, classification or date - submit new items online
- student/employee pictures, contact information
- links to Union resources, UU Alerts (emergency text messaging), social media.
Learn what username to use, preferred browsers and more about the portal. Additional details can be found here.
After you log into portal.uu.edu, you can also use its red Help menu.
Load up on tools before you arrive on campus
Software you need, at great prices
Union University has joined with e-Academy to provide a convenient and secure way to purchase and download academically-discounted software for personal use.
You can select from a variety of software titles including Microsoft Office (Windows or Mac), Windows 7, SPSS and more. Most prices are under $100, with some as low as $20!
Download software immediately to your home computer from uu.onthehub.com or choose to order a DVD copy. Best of all, you'll have access to some of the best academic software titles around at prices you won't find elsewhere.
For complete details and a link to helpful frequently asked questions, visit our
Purchasing information page.
View past issues of the TechBrief e-newletter