JACKSON, Tenn. – Feb. 15, 2013– A family winter wonderland, the class of 1963’s 50-year reunion and a special Homecoming chapel service will be the key features of Union University’s 2013 Homecoming weekend Feb. 21-23.
“I am excited about Homecoming 2013, as there are events planned throughout the weekend for the entire Union community,” said Josh Clarke, director of alumni services for Union. “We hope that alumni from all classes will come to campus as we celebrate another year of God’s faithfulness to Union University.”
Among the events that are part of Homecoming this year:
• “Union University’s Winter Wonderland,” Feb. 22 from 5-9 p.m. on the Great Lawn. The event will feature an ice skating rink, family photos and hot chocolate, among other activities.
• Homecoming chapel service, Feb. 22 at 10 a.m. in G.M. Savage Memorial Chapel. Phil Jett, pastor emeritus of Englewood Baptist Church in Jackson, will be the speaker, and the service will feature a special recognition for the class of 1963, as well as presentation of the annual alumni awards.
• Bulldog baseball game against Bethel University Feb. 22 at 4 p.m.
• Homecoming tailgate, Feb. 23 from noon-2 p.m. in the hallway of the Penick Academic Complex. Academic departments and campus organizations will have displays and information available.
• Lady Bulldogs basketball game against Shorter University, Feb. 23 at 2 p.m., with the Homecoming court announced at halftime. The Bulldogs’ game against Shorter will follow at 4 p.m.
Several academic departments will also hold reunion events for their alumni during the weekend.
A full schedule of the weekend’s activities is available at www.uu.edu/events/homecoming/2013.