Equipping students pursuing vocational
ministry to grow in an understanding of
God-given calling and to participate in
ministry practices with a view toward
service to Church and society.
Connect with Us
To equip students pursuing vocational ministry to grow in understanding of God-given calling and to participate in ministry practices which help prepare them for service to Church and society.
- Ministry Leadership students will explore the concept of calling to ministry with a view toward commitment to future vocational service.
- Ministry Leadership students will grow in their understanding of the necessity and importance of practicing an ongoing devotional life.
- Ministry Leadership students will grow in their understanding of the nature, mission, life and work of the local church.
- Ministry Leadership students will gain an appreciation and understanding of effective leadership in the local church and ministry organizations.
- Ministry Leadership students will interact with regional, national and international ministry leaders in small group settings to gain wisdom and insight regarding vocational ministry.
- Ministry Leadership students will engage in practical, foundational ministry experiences through participation with other students in local churches and ministry organizations.
Structure & Expectations
- First-semester Ministry Leadership students will attend the Fall semester's orientation gathering and 3 meetings throughout the semester (September 27, October 22, November 26) First-semester students are encouraged also to attend other Ministry Leadership Program activities.
- Returning Ministry Leadership students who have completed a semester in the program will attend the semester's orientation gathering and 3 additional events.
- All Ministry Leadership students will complete online profiles on Ministry Leadership Link at www.uu.edu/churchrelations/students/ml.cfm. The Ministry Leadership Link will serve as the location where students will update their profile, fill out Personal Growth Goals and Semester Program Evaluations, and RSVP for all Ministry Leadership Events. Please refer to the Ministry Leadership Schedule for Personal Growth Goals and Semester Program Evaluations due dates.
- Upon graduation, a student is to have participated in the First-semester Ministry Leadership experience as well as nine (9) Practical Experiences:
- 1 Baptism Experience
- 1 Lord's Supper Experience
- 2 Ministry Outreach (Evangelism / Missions) Experiences
- 4 Preaching/Teaching Experiences. (The student will have attended the Communicating Biblical Truth Seminar as a prerequisite.)
- Mentorship Experience