Admissions > Admission Standards
Admission to the Union University School of Pharmacy is by committee action, based on the overall record and aptitude of the applicant. To be considered for admission, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must complete all prerequisite requirements at an accredited institution recognized by American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). See the Prerequisites page for more details.
- A grade point average of 2.75 or greater on a 4.0 scale is required for pre-pharmacy coursework with a grade "C" or higher. The overall academic average for all courses completed must not be less than 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- All applicants must also complete the online PharmCAS application. The application must be complete and include at least three references. See the Application Process page for more details.
- All applicants are required to take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) and results should be submitted to PharmCAS.
- All applicants will complete a Union University supplemental application. See the Application Process page for more details.
- An onsite interview is required as part of the admission process. Interviews are conducted by invitation only and will be sent via email. A writing sample will be required as part of the onsite interview.
While there is a deadline of March 1 of the year in which admission is desired, applicants are encouraged to apply early as space is limited. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year until the class is filled. The Union University School of Pharmacy admits only once class per year in the fall semester.