Our purpose is to help students understand
more clearly who God has uniquely created them to be and to assist them in
discovering opportunities to live out their life calling in service to others.
Top Undergraduate & Graduate Five Star APPs Selected for 2014-2015!
The Top UU students who were selected as part of the Five-Star Aspiring Pre-Professionals [A.P.P.s] Program are announced below. Students were evaluated based on the following areas: Academics, Leadership/Community Service, Life Calling & Career Focus, Skills/Abilities, and Character. Other key factors included faculty recommendations, on-going professional development with and through the Vocatio Center, and a formal interview process with professional staff within the Center. Please congratulate these students when you see them!
- Bien-Aime, Melissa (Gr) Doctor of Pharmacy
- Carroll, Sarah (Jr) Political Science
- Clement, Stephen (Sr) Computer Science
- Clemmons, Zachary (Jr) Christian Thought and Tradition
- Cotton, Kristie (Jr) Christian Ministry and Missions
- Ellerbrook, James (Gr) Business Administration
- Guthrie, Joshua (Sr) Engineering
- Hawthorne, Rachi' (BSOL) Organization Leadership
- Hernandez, Alma (Sr) Biology
- Gooch, Brittany (Gr) Doctor of Pharmacy
- Johnson, Holly (Jr) Business
- Kramer, Melody (Sr) Nursing
- Leon, Rebecca (Sr) Social Work
- Louth, Wilson, (Jr) Economics
- Murphy,Terrence (Jr) Biblical Studies-Languages
- Paige, Angela (Gr) Business Administration
- Pietenpol, Naomi (Sr) Mathematics
- Pulliam, Allison (Jr) Broadcast Journalism
- Ramirez, Eric (Sr) Engineering, Mechanical
- Richardson,Hannah (Jr) Cell and Molecular Biology
- Spicer,William (Sr) Political Science
- Tan, Andrew (Sr) Engineering
- Williams, Clare (Jr) Int. Studies
- Williams, Robin (Gr) Doctor of Pharmacy
PACE Course offered by the Vocatio Center!
Give us just 8-weeks to put you on … PACE (Personalized Academic & Career Exploration) - UNI 295
Stop by the Vocatio Center booth for more information or call 731.661.5421 TODAY!
Job Choices magazine
Get resume and interview tips, links to employer websites, and more!
RESCHEDULED: Vocatio Center: College 2 Career, Part 2 (Career Development and Networking Seminar)
in PAC A-7 -
Wednesday, Mar 4, 2015 - 3:00–4:00 p.m.
Vocatio Center: Teacher Expo
in GEC Banquet Hall -
Thursday, Mar 26, 2015 - 1:00–3:00 p.m.
- View More
- EDU 150 Seminar: Life Calling and Professional Credential Development in TBD - Monday,
2015 - 2:00-2:50 p.m.
- EDU 250 Seminar: Life Calling and Professional Credential Development in BAC 38 - Tuesday,
2015 - 10:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m.
- College 2 Career, Part 2 (Career Development and Networking Seminar) in PAC A7 - Wednesday,
2015 - 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Digital Media Studies Senior Seminar: Life Calling and Career Development, Part 2 in Vocatio Center Conference Room - Monday,
2015 - 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Ed.S. Seminar: Life Calling and Career Strategies for Ed.S. Professionals in Germantown Campus - Thursday,
2015 - 5:00-6:45 p.m.
- International Student Career Development Seminar in TBD - Monday,
2015 - 10:00-10:50 a.m.
- Teacher Expo!!! in Carl Grant Events Center - Thursday,
2015 - 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Walk-In Monday (Resume Assistance) in Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career - Monday,
2015 - 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Computer Science Seminar: What Can I Do with a Major in Computer Science? in PAC C13 - Monday,
2015 - 12:00-12:50 p.m.
- Servant Leadership Award (SLA) Last Day of Service (Spring) in Various Work Assignments - Friday,
2015 - 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- View More
Union announces Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career
To better reflect the nature of the services it provides to students, Union’s career services office has changed its name to the Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career.
“Our goal is to teach students holistically through a model that emphasizes vocation as ministry,” said Jacqueline Taylor, assistant dean of students and director of the Vocatio Center. “Our true hope is to instill in our students the necessity for pursuing God’s call through a transformed and renewed mind in service to others.”
What Can I Do With A Major In...?
Interested in exploring career options available within your major? Eager to identify strategies to secure employment in your
discipline? Looking to take the first steps in career research? Take advantage of the “What Can I Do with a Major In…” online
software package. Begin your search!