Student Members of the American Chemical Society
The Union University Student Members of the American Chemical Society chapter is a club open to all chemistry students. Throughout the school year, this student chapter participates in numerous social, scholarship, and service events. Some of these activities include the annual professors vs. student volleyball game, trips to scientific meetings, and participation in the West Tennessee Regional Science Fair.
Last year the American Chemical Society awarded the Union University chapter the highest achievement of outstanding chapter for the fourteenth year in a row. Through student involvement and great faculty support, Union's chapter of the ACS has developed into a campus organization that allows science students interact intellectually and socially.
Student Chapter of ACS Officers 2012-2013
- President - Kathy Shelnutt
- Vice President - Tyler Jones
- Secretary - Sam Howard
- Treasurer - Kelsey Wright
- Historian - Amanda Dick
- Historian Photographer - Brittany Hagler
- Upperclassmen Representatives - Michael Lam, Katie Eudy
- Chapter Representative - Brooklin Byrd
- Community Outreach Coordinators - Stephanie Cheadle, Matthew Taw
- NCW Coordinators - Chase Bouchillon, James Clary