Union University

Student Accountability

Student Accountability, Policies and Resources

Student Accountability > Judicial Appeal Process

Judicial Appeal Process

The University offers an Appeal Process to all students who feel the facts surrounding their judicial meeting merit an appeal.

  1. The student must fill out an Appeal Form available from the Assistant Dean of Students' Office. This must be completed and returned within 2 business days after receiving notice of disciplinary sanctions.
  2. The student may appeal a decision based on one of the following reasons:
    1. The treatment received was unjust.
    2. All the facts in the situation were not considered.
    3. The action taken was too severe for the behavior involved.
    4. The Student did not receive due process as outlined in the Campus Life Handbook.
  3. The Appeal Form must be complete and detailed. Students are not guaranteed an interview with the judicial council hearing the appeal. All judgments on an appeal may be made solely on the information written in the appeal. This information must be directly related to one of the three reasons above. This information must also be typed and stapled to the Appeal Form.
  4. The student will be provided an official written notification detailing the decision to accept or deny the appeal.
  5. The Grade appeal process is listed in detail in the "Grievance Procedures (Academic)" section of the Campus Life Handbook.

Undergraduate Appeal Form: PDF | DOCX

Adult/Graduate Appeal Form: PDF | DOCX

See Construction of the New Library
Barefoot's Joe
Download our new mobile app: Ellcian GO
The Union Video Project

Quick Links

Student Life
University Ministries
Academic Resources
Student Activities
Other Student Resources
Administrative Departments
Student Organizations
Signup for UUAlerts
  • Get notification of campus emergencies through a text message and email alert system by signing up at UUAlerts

Excellence-Driven Christ-Centered People-Focused Future-Directed

Apply to Union Campus Visits Give to Union