DANTES for Union Students
DSST exams are scheduled typically Monday - Thursday and are scheduled by
appointment only. A one week advanced notice is required to schedule a DSST
- GERMANTOWN STUDENTS: To register to take a DANTES exam at the Germantown campus, please contact Teresa Hataway at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-312-1940.
- HENDERSONVILLE STUDENTS: To register to take a DANTES exam at the Hendersonville campus, please contact Andrew Courtner at email@example.com or 615-447-1307.
- To take the exam in Jackson: To schedule to take a DSST exam contact Cindy Shirley, Director of
Testing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A one week advanced notice is required to schedule a DSST exam. DSST exams are scheduled by appointment only during working hours Monday - Thursday. Please
note that DSST exams will be scheduled based upon time availability and
convenience for both the student and the Director of Testing.
- When a student contacts Union's Testing Center to schedule to take a
DSST exam, the Director of Testing will make certain the exam
the student would like to take is in stock. If the exam is not in stock it
must be ordered. If an exam must be ordered it will take 3-4 weeks for the
exam to be received by Union's Testing Center. Once the exam is received,
the student must contact Testing Services to schedule the DSST exam. A one
week advanced notice is required to schedule an exam.
- Testing fee: $105.00
Payable by cash (exact change), check or charged to student account. The testing fee cannot be paid by credit card.
- To cancel a DANTES exam e-mail the Director of Testing at email@example.com.
- Union student cancelation must be received 4:30 p.m. two working days prior to a scheduled exam.
If cancelation request is not received by 4:30 p.m. two working days prior to a scheduled exam, a $25.00 admin fee will be charged to the Union student account.
- On the day of testing, please bring with you a photo id, two #2 pencils, and your testing fee if paying by check or cash.
- Study information is available at:
- The Testing Staff of Union University is not permitted to supervisor children.
Children under the ages of 18 are not permitted to be left unattended or unsupervised within the Center for Continuing Studies.
Children are not permitted inside the testing room.
- Scores are mailed to the student from the DANTES program 4-5 weeks
after taking an exam.
- DSST exams are pencil and paper exams. Scores are mailed to the student
from the DSST program 4-5 weeks after taking an exam.
- DSST exams are untimed exams therefore you can use as much time or as
little time as needed. However, please allow at least 2 hours to take an exam.
- If a DSST exam is not passed there is a 6 month waiting period to retake the same