AILACTE elects Dr. Myatt!
Dottie Myatt, Ed.D., Assistant Dean for Teacher Education & Accreditation & Professor of Education
March 1, 2010 - Dr. Dottie Myatt serves as the Tennessee Representative for the Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE) and serves on the planning committee for the AILACTE Southern Regional Conference to be held in Nashville, June 9-11, 2010.
The purposes of AILACTE is to:
- To provide a communication and information system for sharing concerns, issues, and viewpoints in teacher education as they pertain to AILACTE institutions.
- To raise the general level of awareness regarding needs of member institutions of this organization and of those who do not fall within its membership.
- To provide an effective voice for member institutions at the national, state, and campus level in matters related to teacher education.
- To make available to educational policy-making groups the talent, values and perspectives represented in this organization.
- To cooperate with other organizations to promote quality teacher education.