The Center for Faculty Development seeks to aid faculty in becoming excellent teachers and creative and fruitful contributors to their disciplines, in taking the initiative to secure resources and opportunities for professional growth, in seeking to know and love God, and in seeing their teaching, scholarship, creative work, and service as a Christian calling to the academic world.
Fall 2012 Dialogue Groups
October 26, 2012 -
- The Narnian:The Life and Imagination of C. S. Lewis Alan Jacobs.
- Everyday Theology Kevin J. Vanhoozer.
- Caring for Words in a Culture of Lies Marylin Chandler Mc Entyre.
- Creating a Sense of Presence in Online Teaching Rosemary M. Lehman.
2012-13 Teaching and Learning Grant Recipients
October 26, 2012 - The following members of our faculty were awarded Teaching and Learning Grants:
- Cam Tracy – Communication Arts/Computer Science
- Karen Martin – Languages
- David Thomas – History
- Emily Lean – Business Administration
- Jennifer Farroll – Athletic Training
- Jason Crawford – English
- Justin Barnard – Intellectual Discipleship and Chris Mathews – Music
- Max Haifei Li – Computer Science
- Christine Bailey – Composition Support/English
- James Huggins – Biology
- Deidra Easley – Pharmacy
2012 Newell Innovative Teaching Awards
May 10, 2012 - The 2012 Newell Innovative Teaching Awards were announced at Awards Day on May 4, 2012. The following faculty members were recognized:
- Patricia Hamilton "Life Imitates Lit: A Road Trip to Cultural Understanding" (Winner)
- Laurie Bagwell, Patsy Crihfield, Kelly Harden, Brad Harrell, C. Ben Mitchell, Jessica Suiter, Joy Thomason, Sherrie Turner, Robert Wamble, Cullen Williams, and Molly Wright "Using Ethics Scenarios in High-Fidelity Human Patient Simulation" (Honorable Mention)
- Chris Blair, Ashley Blair, and Cam Tracy "COMUnion: Fostering Collaboration and Creativity in Interactive Media" (Honorable Mention)
- Joshua Veltman "Real-Time Shared Document Editing in the Classroom" (Honorable Mention)
- Sandra Brown "The Nurse's Day in Court" (Honorable Mention)
Related Web Resource: http://www.uu.edu/centers/faculty/programs/innovative/