Faculty & Instructional Staff
Dr. Carol Weaver
Professor of Biology
136 White Hall, Box 1923
Jackson, Tennessee 38305
- B. S.; Union University, Jackson, Tennessee
- M.S.; University of Missouri, St. Louis
- Ph. D.; St. Louis University, St. Louis
- Health Information Management
Courses Commonly Taught
- BIO 112: Principles of Biology
- BIO 315: Genetics
- BIO 498: Biology Seminar
Recent Undergraduate Research Supervised
- Chelsea David, "Interference of tannin and secondary metabolites with DNA barcoding in angiosperms."
- Brandon Nelms, "Frequency of Delta 3L Deletion of CCR5 Gene in Nelms Family."
- Wesley Hunter Stepp, "Examination of toxicity of codeine vs the bromine in yeast."
- David Tosh, "Screening for Francisella tularensis in West Tennessee populations of the American beaver (Castor canadensis) by the polymerase chain reaction."
- Sara Greenlee, "The Antimicrobial properties of natural honey, clove oil, and ginger oil on the growth of staphylococcus epidermidis."
- Lauren Medforth, "Inhibition of Serratia marcenscens and Staphylococcus epidermidis by essential oils of cumin and clove."
- Hannah Staggs, "Identification of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis and Y. enterocolitica in beavers by LAMP amplification and PCR."