Faculty & Instructional Staff
Dr. Faith Zamamiri-Davis
Assistant Professor of Biology
219C, Germantown Campus
Germantown, Tennessee 38305
- B. S. in Biology, Westmont College
- Ph.D. in Pathobiology, Penn State University
- Campus College Chair, College of Natural Sciences, University of Phoenix, Memphis Campus, 2011
- Lead Faculty & Area Chair, College of Natural Sciences, University of Phoenix, Memphis Campus, 2006-2010
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Biochemistry, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 2002-2004
Courses Commonly Taught
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Zamamiri-Davis, F. and Zambetti, G. (2004). Chapter 19: p53 Tumor Supressor Genes. In G. Stein & A. Pardee (Eds.), Cell Cycle and Growth Control: Biomolecular Regulation and Cancer, 2nd Edition (pp. 635-668). John Wiley & Sons, Inc., NJ: Hoboken.
- Prabhu K.S., Zamamiri-Davis F., Stewart J.B., Thompson J.T., Sordillo L.M., Reddy C.C. Selenium deficiency increases the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase in RAW 264.7 macrophages: role of nuclear factor kappa B in up regulation. Biochem. J. 2002 Aug 15; 366(Pt 1): 203-9.
- Zamamiri-Davis F., Lu Y., Thompson J.T., Prabhu K.S., Reddy P.V., Sordillo L.M., Reddy C.C. Nuclear factor-κB mediates over-expression of cyclooxygenase-2 during activation of RAW 264.7 macrophages in selenium deficiency. Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2002 May 1; 32(9):890-7.