JACKSON, Tenn. – Aug. 29, 2012 – Union University installed three leaders into new positions and recognized 18 new faculty members during its annual fall convocation service Aug. 24.
Those who were officially installed into new roles with the university were:
– Jimmy Davis as Hammons Chair of Pre-Medical Studies. Davis, who also serves Union as vice president for institutional research, takes over the Hammons Chair from longtime chemistry professor Charles Baldwin, who retired earlier this year.
– Hunter Baker as dean of instruction. Baker, who also serves as associate professor of political science and acting dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, replaces Barbara McMillin as dean of instruction. McMillin was named the president of Blue Mountain College this summer.
– Todd Brady as vice president for church relations. Brady replaces Richard Wells in the position after Wells left to assume the presidency of John Witherspoon College in Rapid City, S.D.
In addition to the three installations, Union also recognized the following new faculty members who have joined the university for the fall 2012 semester:
– Jonathan Allen, assistant professor of athletic training, coming from Fayette Regional Health System.
– Haywood Armstrong, professor of missions and director of the online program in the School of Theology and Missions, coming to Union from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
– Luna Bennett, associate professor of pharmaceutical sciences, coming from Palm Beach Atlantic University.
– Linda Cash, associate professor of educational leadership and assistant dean of graduate studies in education at Union University Hendersonville, coming from Station Camp Elementary School.
– Allison Davis, assistant professor of nursing, coming from St. Thomas Hospital.
– Darel Davis, assistant professor of nursing, coming from Baptist Memorial Hospital.
– Mary Day, assistant professor of pharmacy practice, coming from Butler University.
– Julia Duin, associate professor of journalism, coming from the Washington Post.
– Deidre Easley, assistant professor of pharmacy practice, coming from LeBonheur Children’s Hospital.
– Brian Foster, assistant professor of nursing, coming from Metropolitan Anesthesia Alliance.
– Nina Heckler, assistant professor of sociology, coming from the University of Alabama.
– Elisha Hill, assistant professor of nursing, coming from Family Health Care of Hendersonville.
– Greg Jordan, professor of business law and ethics, coming from Rainey, Kizer, Reviere and Bell, PLC.
– Melanie Michael, assistant professor of pharmacy practice, coming from Kroger Pharmacy.
– Tammy Patton, visiting professor of social work, coming from Davita Dialysis.
– Jennifer Sanderfer, assistant professor of nursing, coming from Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt.
– Michael Schiebout, assistant professor of biology, coming from the University of Northern Colorado.
– Kent Stoneking, associate professor and chair of pharmacy practice, coming from Kroger Delta Division.