Welcome to the Office for Disability Services
The Office for Disability Services welcomes you to Union University. Our office has been charged with the responsibility of ensuring equal access for all qualified students with disabilities.
We do this by providing or coordinating a range of reasonable accommodations that meet the student's needs, according to the unique impact of his/her disability. We created this page to assist
you in understanding the policies and procedures for requesting accommodations.
The Office for Disability Services seeks to provide equal access to all academic and social opportunities at Union University, for qualified students with documented disabilities, through reasonable accommodations.
- Provides students with documented disabilities, who qualify through the Office for Disability Services at Union University, equal access to academic and social opportunities through reasonable accommodations.
- Creates an atmosphere where students with disabilities acquire the needed skills and confidence to self-disclose and self-advocate in an academic, social, or work environment.
- Works with students with disabilities to ensure that they have the needed life skills, including proper study skills, to succeed inside and outside the Union University community.
- Supports the work of the faculty by ensuring that reasonable accommodations are properly and effectively administered without compromising the academic integrity of Union University.
- Provides programing and information to students, faculty, staff, and families that increase awareness of disability issues and the accommodation process.