Leadership Programs & Opportunities
There are many ways to get involved in campus life! Below are leadership opportunities on our campus, along with information and links on how to
apply for these positions. Our office is here to assist you in getting involved in campus leadership positions and expanding your leadership skills.
- Freshman Council
- Applications available August 20, 2012; Due August 31, 2012
- Student Activities Council
- Applications available August 27, 2012; Due: September 6, 2012
- Klemata Small Group Leaders
- Applications available September 21, 2012; Due: September 28, 2012
- SGA Class Officer & Executive Council Positions
- Petitions for SGA Executive Council Positions available October 16, 2012; Due: October 26, 2012
- SGA Vacated Officer Petitions Available: November 5, 2012; Due: November 9, 2012
- SGA Class Officer Petitions Available: March 18, 2013; Due: April 5, 2013
- Residence Advisors
- Applications available February 1, 2012; Due: February 9, 2012
- Focus Leader
- Applications available February 4, 2013; Due February 21, 2013
- Life Group Leaders
- Applications available: February 6, 2013; Due February 20, 2013
- International Focus Leader
- Applications available March 1, 2013; Due March 13, 2013
- Student Organization Presidents & Officers
- Information on joining and holding leadership positions in various organizations on campus will be provided throughout the year. Please be sure to attend the Student Organization Fairs on the following dates!
- August 19, 2012: 2:00 -4:00 pm; Penick Academic Complex Hallway
- February 15, 2013: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm; Barefoot Student Union Building Main Hallway
- University Ambassador
- Applications due in April. Check e-nnouncements for details.
Mark your Calendar! Important Leadership Dates
- August 16, 2012: Student Leadership Update Meeting with Union Administration
- 4:00 pm; GM Savage Memorial Chapel
- For all student leaders! Find out more about the changes that have taken place on Union's campus over the summer, and get information on what to expect during the fall semester!
- August 19, 2012: Fall Student Organization Fair
- 2:00 - 4:00 pm; Penick Academic Complex Hallway
- Visit representatives & booths to find out more on how to get involved in one (or more!) of Union's 65 student organizations.
- November 6, 2012: Campus & Community: A Day of Remembrance & Service
- January 28, 2013: Student Leadership Conference
- 9:00 am - 12:30 pm; Carl Grant Events Center
- February 15, 2013: Spring Student Organization Fair
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm; Barefoot Student Union Building Main Hallway
- Visit representatives & booths to find out more on how to get involved in one (or more!) of Union's 65 student organizations