Leadership Programs & Opportunities
There are many ways to get involved in campus life! Below are leadership opportunities on our campus, along with information and links on how to
apply for these positions. Our office is here to assist you in getting involved in campus leadership positions and expanding your leadership skills.
- Freshman Council
- Applications available August 19, 2013; Due August 30, 2013
- Student Activities Council
- Applications available August 26, 2013; Due: September 5, 2013
- Women's Cooperative Small Group Leaders
- Applications available September 23, 2013; Due: October 4, 2013
- SGA Class Officer & Executive Council Positions
- Petitions for SGA Executive Council Positions available October 15, 2013; Due: November 1, 2013
- SGA Vacated Officer Petitions Available: November 18, 2013; Due: November 22, 2013
- SGA Class Officer Petitions Available: March 17, 2014; Due: April 11, 2014
- Residence Advisors
- Applications available December 5, 2013; Due: February 17, 2014
- Focus Leader
- Applications available February 10, 2014; Due February 28, 2014
- Life Group Leaders
- Applications available February 5th, 2014; Due February 14, 2014
- International Focus Leader
- Applications available Feb. 24, 2014; Due March 14, 2014
- Student Organization Presidents & Officers
- Information on joining and holding leadership positions in various organizations on campus will be provided throughout the year.
Please be sure to attend the Student Organization Fairs on the following dates!
- August 19, 2013: 2:00 - 4:00 pm; Penick Academic Complex Hallway
- February 21, 2014: 11:00 am - 1:30 pm; Barefoot Student Union Building Main Hallway
- University Ambassador
- Applications due in April. Check e-nnouncements for details.
Mark your Calendar! Important Leadership Dates
- August 15, 2013: Student Leadership Update Meeting with Union Administration
- 4:00 pm; GM Savage Memorial Chapel
- For all student leaders! Find out more about the changes that have taken place on Union's campus over the summer, and get information on what to expect during the fall semester!
- August 19, 2013: Fall Student Organization Fair
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm; Penick Academic Complex Hallway
- Visit representatives & booths to find out more on how to get involved in one (or more!) of Union's 65 student organizations.
- November 5, 2013: Campus & Community: A Day of Remembrance & Service
- January 28, 2014: 7th Annual Student Leadership Conference
- 9:00 am - 12:30 pm; Carl Grant Events Center
- Speaker: Dr. Sondra Cave, Strengths & Leadership Consulting
- To Register, contact Karen Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 10th
- January 28, 2014: College 2 Career (Coffee)
- 3:00 - 5:00 pm (Come-and-go), Carl Grants Event Center
- This year, the office of Student Leadership & Engagement is partnering with the Vocatio Center for a Come-and-Go networking opportunity with UU Alumni, "Unites hiring Unionites"
- To RSVP, please contact Renee Jones at email@example.com, with C2C in the subject line.
- February 21, 2014: Spring Student Organization Fair
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm; Barefoot Student Union Building Main Hallway
- Visit representatives & booths to find out more on how to get involved in one (or more!) of Union's 65 student organizations