PACE: Personalized Academic & Career Exploration
- a new freshman or transfer sophomore?
- the first in your family to go to college?
- undecided or wavering about your major or minor?
- anxious about succeeding at Union?
- wondering what God has called you to do?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then it's time to get on...
UNI 201 - PACE: Personalized Academic & Career Exploration
Personalized (2 weeks)
Understanding Yourself: Gifts Assessment
- Embracing Your Personality & Giftedness
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Assessment
- Introduction to Type Dynamics
- Introduction to Academic and Life Calling and Career Goal Setting
Academic (2 weeks)
Understanding How You Learn: Learning Styles Inventory
- Embracing Your Learning Style
- Study Skills and Time Management; Test-taking and Note-taking Strategies
- Multiple Intelligences
- Curriculum Map and Degree Audit; Academic Advising Strategies
- GPA Calculation and Course Selection/Management
Career (2 weeks)
Understanding Your Major/Minor: Interest Inventory
- Embracing Your Interests: Strong Interest Inventory (SII) online
- Curriculum Map & Degree Audit
- Experiential Learning & Occupational Research
- 4-Year Goal Setting: Academic & Career Success Strategies
- Professional Development Documentation
Exploration (2 weeks)
Understanding Your Life Calling & Career: "Vocatio"
- Embracing Your Calling (Vocatio)
- Graduate School Research & The Personal Mission Statement
- Leadership Development
- Developing Your 4-Year Academic Success & Life Calling and Career Path
- Capstone Self-Reflection: Pursuing Vocation as Ministry
This is an 8-week course; Mon. or Thurs.; 2:30-5:50 p.m.
UNI 295 - PACE: Personalized Academic & Career Exploration
This course counts as a General Elective (2 credit hours). Limited space available.
Give us just 8 weeks to put you on... PACE!
For more information, email Assistant Dean Taylor
in the Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career at email@example.com.