Each university student receives a standard set of IT-related tools during enrollment at Union. These tools are provided to full-time and part-time students. Each link provides more information about the specified tool. Also see FAQs for new students.
- General-purpose and departmental computer labs - view general-purpose lab hours
- Software to support academic work
- Network/internet access - wired and wireless access to the local-area network (LAN) on campus, to the wide-area network (WAN) between campuses and to the public internet
- Accounts to access university-related systems and services (View a complete list)
- Portal - access to multiple systems/services exclusively for students, employees
- Printing from a university computer - managed by PaperWise
- Printing from your own laptop using PawPrint
- Microsoft Office365 e-mail and calendar
- WebAdvisor - mid-term and final grade lookup, financial aid information, etc.
- Learning Management System (LMS) - online course resources in MoodleRooms
- Library research databases - login required off campus
- Software ordering/acquisition for a personally-owned computer
- Timely, professional support for all systems and services - at the right side of this page see Getting Help or click on the Information Technology heading
- ResNet - support for resident students connecting personally-owned computers to the university network